On each of the early dismissal days, (days scheduled for parent/teacher conferences in the fall and spring), families may sign up their children in grades K-5 for a movie in the Theater from 12:30 to 2:20 pm. These films are listed on forms sent home well before the early dismissal dates. Children in grades K-2 are accompanied by student teachers. Children in grades 3-5 walk from their classroom to the theater on their own. After the movie, a snack is provided in the cafeteria (usually real movie theater popcorn!)
2019 Spring Early Dismissal Movies
Proceeds from these films support the PTO.
Contact: [email protected]
- Three to four volunteer parents to oversee the selection and pre-screening of movies appropriate for a broad age spectrum.
- One or two volunteer to distribute sign-up forms to classrooms prior to early dismissal days, collect them and compile a list of those attending.
- Volunteer to procure snacks.
- Volunteers,on the morning of screenings, to spend about an hour organizing the snacks and distributing attendee lists to classrooms.
- Four volunteer parents to supervise students during the showing of all movies.
Showtime: 12:30 to 2:20 p.m.