Parent volunteers are essential to ensure that library books in good shape and circulating so our kids have every opportunity to find their next favorite book. Last year, the library circulating 29,000 books, That’s a lot of shelving!
Whether you have an hour every week, every other week or once a month, you can make a difference in the education of Driscoll students. Just stop by the library’s circulation desk or e-mail Ms. Reid to arrange a time to help.
Below are some current needs.
• Shelving (flexible hours, any day)
• Circulation (maintaining book counts and overseeing overdue books)
• Book Processing (covering, tagging and stamping books before they are introduced to the circulation)
• Author Visits (helping our Librarian when authors come to visit and read to our kids)
• Writing Festival (a fun event in May that needs careful setting up and display)
• Inventory (every two years, every book is accounted for)